Creative Director and Digital Strategist at the White House
Ashleigh is the creative director and digital strategist at the White House, where she manages design from within the Office of Digital Strategy. Examples her team’s work includes the web strategy behind each State of the Union, the maintenance and responsive redesign of WhiteHouse.gov, as well as the strategy behind all of the digital presences for the White House — which all ser ve a mission to create meaningful oppor tunities for engagement and participation between the administration and public. Ashleigh is also president for AIGA Washington DC, where she has been instrumental in forming a new initiative connecting and empowering designers across government. Ashleigh received a BFA in Graphic Design and a wonderful husband from Rhode Island School of Design (RISD).
Founder and executive director of Creative Reaction Lab
Antionette is the founder and executive director of Creative Reaction Lab, a social impact design collaborative whose mission is to challenge global issues through creative problem solving. Throughout her career, Antionette has worked for non-profits working for social justice, human rights, and diversity and inclusion. These experiences led to her background as a social entrepreneur, non-profit leader, and design activist. Antionette’s personal mission in life is to CHALLENGE standards, make CHANGE, and CHAMPION approaches resulting in foundational and community impact.
Principal, lead strategist and design director at Hartford’s CO:LAB
Rich Hollant is t he principal, lead strategist and design director at Har tford’s co:lab, a firm he started in 1988 af ter brief stints at publishers Crosby Vandenburgh Group and Ligature. After spending 15 years developing brand and product launches for corporations such as Motorola, Travelers, Aetna, ConAgra Foods and Procter & Gamble, CO:L AB now works solely with clients dedicated to increasing social value. Rich has been featured in Communications Arts (CA), Business Weekly, honored as one of 20 “People to Watch” by Graphic Design, U.S.A., and acknowledged by Fast Company as one of the top 11 designers working on social value.
Past Flux Judges
Flux winners are selected by a national panel of distingushed creatives. Notable past judges have included:
- Ashleigh Axios, Former Creative Director & Digital Strategist at The White House
- Rich Hollant, Principal, Lead Strategist and Design Director at Hartford’s CO:LAB
- Drew Davies, Founder and design director of Oxide Design Co.
- Jean Peterson, Founder Jean Peterson Design (JPD)
- Ellen Lupton, curator of contemporary design at Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution in New York City and director of the Graphic Design MFA program at MICA
- Craig Welsh, GoWelsh
- Jessica Hische, Jessica Hische Design + Illustration
- Jeffrey Everett, El Jefe Design
- Nolen Strals, Post Typography
- Bruce Willen, Post Typography
- John Foster, Bad People Good Things
- David Vogin, 314 Design